Open Season Walk-in Tours
Wyck’s Open Season runs from April through November – we close the weekend before Thanksgiving. Walk-in hours are 12:00 – 4:00 PM on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. (Please arrive no later than 3:30 PM.)
In 2017, Wyck is open April 6 – November 18.
Make it a day!…
- On Fridays during Open Season, Wyck offers free, self-guided tours (12:00 – 4:00 PM).
- On the second Saturday of every month during Open Season, visit Wyck as well as numerous other historic sites for Second Saturdays in Historic Germantown, when all participating sites are open 12:00 – 4:00 PM.
Questions? Want to schedule a visit at a time that we are not usually open? Contact us at 215.848.1690 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CELEBRATION OF THE ROSES TOURS | Scheduled in May and early June when the Rose Garden is in peak bloom, these in-depth rose garden tours are typically led by Wyck’s Horticulturist or Garden Assistant. $10 per person.
GROUP TOURS | Enjoy a private tour of Wyck, given by a knowledgeable Wyck staff person. Book at least one week in advance – subject to staff availability. $8 per person.
WINTER TOURS | From December through March, Wyck House is closed for walk-in tours; however, you may call to schedule a tour or research appointment with a Wyck staff member at a mutually agreeable day and time.
Wyck is a part of the Blue Star Museums Program offering FREE admission to active duty military personnel and their families between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Wyck is proud to be a member of the Greater Gardens of Philadelphia, Historic Germantown, and the American Association for State and Local History (AASLH).
Getting to Wyck
Wyck is located at 6026 Germantown Avenue (at W. Walnut Lane), in the heart of the extraordinarily historic Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia.
By Public Transportation:
SEPTA bus routes: 23, X, XH
By Car from I-95:
• Take Route 676 west to Route 76 West and follow the directions below
By Car from Route 76 (Schuylkill Expressway):
• Take the Lincoln Drive Exit
• Cross the Schuylkill River and keep following signs to Lincoln Drive
• Wind along Lincoln Drive through the park to the first traffic light
• Turn right onto Rittenhouse Street
• Turn left at the first light onto Wissahickon Avenue
• Follow to the second traffic light, and turn right onto W. Walnut Lane
• Follow past three traffic lights (about 0.7 miles) to Wyck, on the right, at the corner of W. Walnut Lane and Germantown Avenue
By Car from the Pennsylvania Turnpike:
• Take Norristown Exit to Germantown Pike East (Route 422)
• Follow through Chestnut Hill where Germantown Pike becomes Germantown Avenue
• Follow 3 to 4 miles to Wyck at the intersection with W. Walnut Lane
There is free parking available along W. Walnut Lane, E. High Street, and the surrounding residential neighborhood. Metered parking is available along the Germantown Avenue commercial corridor.