Rental Inquiry Contact: email@example.com or call us at 215.848.1690
Thank you for choosing to have your event at Wyck Historic House, Garden, and Farm. Wyck is located in Northwest Philadelphia in Historic Germantown. Wyck served as the home to one Quaker family, The Wistars and the Haineses, for over nine generations. During the 300 years that the family occupied the site they served as some of the original philanthropists of Philadelphia leading the charge in business, social and education reform, natural history and science. After 300 years of history and influence on the city, The Wyck Association was created in 1973 to care for and preserve the National Historic Landmark site for future generations. Today, Wyck stands as a unique survival of historic Philadelphia life in a contemporary neighborhood.
The 2.5-acre site consists of the Historic House, Garden, and Farm.
The Historic House, which highlights the legacy of the family, has a remarkable collection of over 100,000 family papers and more than 10,000 family objects, furniture, and historical curiosities. The House features innovative alterations completed in 1824 by renowned architect William Strickland. *Due to the historic nature of the Wyck house and its collections, the interior of the house is not available for rentals. You may arrange for house tours to be included as part of your rental agreement.
The Historic Rose Garden features a beautifully maintained garden of Old Roses and other historic plants and trees. The Historic garden was planted by Jane Bowne Haines in the 1820’s and today stands as the oldest Rose Garden in America still in its original plan.
The Wyck Home Farm section of the site includes the woodlot, fruit trees, and vegetable and herb gardens. The farm plays a major role in our educational and community programming. The lush, well maintained farm not only acts as an outdoor classroom but also provides a beautiful and serene setting for your event.
Our Educational Space, the “Ed Shed,” was once a garage now beautifully converted to a multi-use space. As a primary home to our educational programming it also serves as a meeting space, classroom, or food prep area for caterers. The heated Ed Shed offers electricity, two burners, a mini refrigerator, and a sink. This space is great for community
group meetings, catering service, classroom instruction, or your next company retreat.
Info & Pricing
Create a unique and memorable event for you and your friends, family and/or colleagues. The site is perfect for small to medium gatherings offering a serene, historic backdrop to a variety of occasions.
All Rentals Include:
- Use of specified areas on site
- Use of public restrooms
- Use of the parking lot for set-up and break down
- One year family membership for renter or their designee (a $100 value)
10% discount given to all residents of 19144, current Wyck Members, non-profit and/or community groups.
Hourly rates apply to any rental that exceeds the allotted time frame. Hourly rate is the total rental cost divided by duration of rental. Ex. $900/6 hr. rental=$150/hr for each additional hour on site.
Videography and non-wedding photography will be accommodated if the Executive Director determines that the usage will not negatively impact Wyck. The fee for such usage will be based on the requirement of staff and any special needs.
Site Rental Guidelines
Stewardship of the historic landscape, buildings, and the museum collections is crucial to our mission. All proposed uses should be consistent with the preservation of the property and its buildings. Events should not detract from the public image of the property and must be in accordance with Wyck’s guidelines. By renting Wyck for an event you agree to uphold the integrity of the historic place, its buildings, landscapes, collections, and history. Wyck staff reserves all rights to determine the suitability of an event and the Executive Director makes all final decisions on rental contracts.
- 150 people maximum capacity for all rentals.
- The Interior of the Historic House is not available to rent. *Special arrangements may be made with the staff of Wyck to offer tours during your events. Additional charges may apply.
- Rental timeframes must fall between sunrise and sunset. Wyck does not have outdoor lighting on the property.
- Please respect the historic landscape by not picking any flowers or plants, jumping or climbing on trees, or picking produce from the farm.
- Music (amplified and/or live) must be kept at a volume level that is respectable to our neighbors and community. The Wyck staff member assigned to your event will determine respectable volume level.
- No abusive or offensive language.
- DJ’s/Bands/Renters must bring all necessary equipment. Wyck does not supply extension cords, speakers, or equipment of any kind.
- On-site areas designated for set-up, ceremony, seating, music, dancing etc. must be approved by Wyck’s staff.
- Decorations must be approved by a Wyck staff member. The use of glue, nails, screws, and/or staples are prohibited on any of our historic Buildings or landscapes
- A $300.00 non-refundable deposit is needed to secure your rental date and time.
- Set-up and break down time must be included in your rental timeframe.
- A Wyck staff member will be available the day of the event for the specified rental timeframe.
- Alcohol is permitted on site. However, renter and caterer must agree to show proof of insurance and refuse service to anyone who appears to be intoxicated.
- Site prohibitions include, but are not limited to: pets, open flames, fireworks, smoking, combustible materials, glitter, tinsel, confetti, rice, silly string, illegal substances and weapons.
- All leftover food must be removed from Wyck premises the same day as the event. Wyck does not have the capacity to store leftover food. Disposing of excessive leftover food in Wyck trash is not permitted.
All Renters/Caterers/Vendors Agree to:
- Insurance requirements:
- A minimum of $1,000,000 General Liability Insurance
- A minimum of $1,000,000 Liquor Liability Insurance & Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- The “Wyck Association” listed as an additional Insured
In the event that the renter is using a caterer that does not have the necessary insurance, the renter is responsible for meeting the above requirements.
- All non-Wyck tents, chairs, tables, dinnerware, flatware, flowers, etc. are the sole responsibility of the renter and caterer. Delivery and pick-up dates and times are to be scheduled with Wyck staff. As much advance notice as possible is recommended, as there is not always someone on site to assist you.
- Renter/Caterer/Vendors are responsible for cleaning up after an event, leaving the site in the same condition.
- This includes cleaning, folding and stacking any Wyck Tables and Chairs and placing in designated area, sweeping areas used, and cleaning out the sink.
- All event trash must be collected from the entire site, contained, and placed in the designated area. Excess food must be taken home be renters/caterers and may not be placed in Wyck trash receptacles.
- All non-Wyck tents, tables, chairs, equipment, etc. must be removed from the site within 48 hours of the event end time. Deliveries or pick-ups made outside of business hours (M-F 9am-5pm) may be subject to additional fees.