Wyck’s Youth Education Program is hiring contract educators for our Field Trips component. Wyck offers lessons in environmental science, urban agriculture, history, and nutrition to schools and organizations for children at the pre-K through 12th-grade level, including children with special needs. Educator hours will vary based on scheduled programs; educators will be contacted as work becomes available. A typical program is 60 to 90 minutes in length and held during the morning or early afternoon.
- Education or experience related to one or more of the following topics: Education, Philadelphia/ Germantown history, history, gardening, agriculture, and/or horticulture.
- Demonstrated success in teaching outdoor activities, environmental studies, biology, to school-aged children; teaching experience in an outdoor setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated success working with a team and independently.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communications, and human relations skills.
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated, creative, energetic, flexible, and a team player.
- Must work well with children of all ages and abilities (experience working with a spectrum of ages and abilities is desired.
- Prepare for and lead environmental education programs for grades preK-12, under the direction of Wyck’s Youth Education Program Manager.
- Implement lessons using best practices of education.
- Participate in lesson follow-up with the Program Manager to discuss strengths, concerns, and/or suggestions.
- General straightening of classroom spaces, inside and out, upon completion of lesson.
- Clean up and put away equipment and supplies used for programs.
- If interested, work on the development of curriculum with the Education Program Manager.
- Other duties as necessary
$10-$12 per hours
Please send a resume and letter of interest to:
Wyck Association attn: Education Dept 6026 Germantown Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19144
Or via email to email@example.com
Please note, a criminal background check is required upon hiring, including State Police background check, State DPW child abuse clearance, and FBI Fingerprinting background check. The Wyck Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.